Tuesday, May 31, 2005
Star Wars
Sunday night some of us went to a movie theater and watched Star Wars. We were glad that it was in English with Spanish sub-titles. Most things here are dubbed in Spanish. We were with some Italian guys, and they thought it was a very typical American thing when we all got popcorn and drinks for the movie. The theater had assigned seating, and an intermission. We were freaking out when the movie turned off halfway through, but we relaxed when we found out it was just an intermission. Appearently intermissions are very European. Josephine and I went to watch free flamenco last night. There were English speaking people everywhere. It was a little weird to be in an area where I understood the conversations going on around me. I have been here a week, and already there have been three strikes. I don´t know what all of them are about, but the one yesterday was a protest against the building of either a train, or metro because it would cause some people to move. They have been building the metro for about thirty years, but they keep finding artifacts. Every time they find an artifact, they have to stop building and research the site and the artifact. It has been raining off and on for the past three days, but it is not bad. The weather here reminds me of the weather in Goldthwaite. I think we are going to go to the beach on Saturday if it is good weather. It is about an hour away. Feel free to comment, write letters, e-mail, or call!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love you and I will hopefully get to talk to you soon!
Wow! That can give you a headache! Having to stop building to research! Yowza! Keep on informin'!
IMPORTANT: If you want me to order your ring....I need your student id # and your driver's licens(sp?) # paa lease. I am so glad that I got to talk to you today!! I really do miss you alot and love you alot too. Talk to you soon,
kat
Post a Comment