Saturday, May 21, 2005

Hola

Hey guys! We arrived in Madrid yesterday morning at about 9. After that, we went to our hotel, left our bags, and explored some of Madrid. One of the places I really liked was the Prado. It had a lot of really cool art pieces including El Grecco, Vasquez, and Goya. After some tapas, we went to a bull fight in a huge arena. It reminded me of the coliseum in Rome. I´m glad I went to the fight, but I now know for sure that I don´t like them, and will probably never go to one again. After the bull fight, we got dressed to go out for supper and some dancing. We had a lot of Spanish food at a nice restaurant, then went to a little place to dance for a while. The place wasn´t very big and they didn´t play very good music, but I did get to meringue! Today we are going on a day trip to Toledo, and tomorrow we leave for Sevilla. I am going to get my cell phone in Sevilla, so I should be able to contact people easier once I have my phone. I will give Mom my number, so maybe you can call me if it´s not too expensive.

3 comments:

steph-a-ronie said...

Hola amiga!!! Wow wee, you're a busy bee!
So, on your first day you went to a bull fight (wow), ate yummy food (wow), AND danced a mean meringue (wow)! Look at you go my little word traveler!!!! I miss you mucho grande! I'm so glad you're having fun!
Keepin' it real in C.S....
SJ

Kat said...

TAMTAM! I am so glad that you are having fun! Was the Spanish food as bad as you thought that it was going to be? I did a meringue workout video with Jamie once. I think that it was invented because a king of something had two different length legs, and he couldn't dance with the best of em. Since he was king and all, he had a dance created so he didn't look dumb...guess it's nice to be king. You should invent a dance. America doesn't have kings so if you can convience "the people" that your dance is the thang then you can make your dance really come to life for the whole world to see. You're a polysci major...you can do it. Use your skills. Contact me if you need any pointers...hehe.. Love ya sista!

robin said...

how fun! what is a tapa? does spanish food taste like mexican food?