ok stephanie, I will start writing on this thing! New York City. It is a place I never really thought I would be... I never had a strong desire to live here, and honestly the job brought me here...not the location. That being said, I think I like New York. I don't absolutely love it all the time, but I appreciate the moments I have here that I could have no where else. I love it that I watched the last game of the NBA finals in the basement of the Empire State Building, I love laying out in Central Park in my bathing suit and feeling completly comfortable and normal doing so because everyone else is doing the same....CP is like our backyard where we can go to play outside, I loved it yesterday when friends and I were caught in the rain at CP and had to seek shelter in a mini-ampatheater with people we normally would not hang out with, I love the fact you can get any type of food here that you want...from Malasian to Pakastani, I love being able to sit at my windowseat and watch people walk along the street, and I love random subway performances. There is no way I can compare my NYC experience to my home town or college experience because they are all so different. One is not better than the other. I think people should be able to experience all types of life, and that is something that I am trying to do. Some people belittle small town existance, but they have never experienced the community and love of a small town. Likewise, some people judge large cities as chaiotic and unappealing, but they have not experienced the excitement and adventure that it has to offer. I am enjoying my adventure.
4 comments:
I love you sista.... i watched Sister sister last night on Disney and I missed you...Tamera is so close to your name it made me think about you...and also how you dont like being called tamera... i dont like being called Kathy. A lady from Tx State called me back and left a message for KATHY....AARRRHgg... okiloveyougoodbye
ah, yes... an adventure you are having and will continue to have young grasshopper....
I heard a quote for you..... I'm 'membering it roughly, so it's not exactly as I write....
ah hemmm...
"Your body has so many curves it's like the Grand Canyon, except not so jagged... it is like if the Grand Canyon had sisters and one of them was named the Sexy Canyon... that would be you... the sexy canyon."
Why did that really(really) weird quote remind me of you.... oh you know... AB (I have that picture of you in paper format now...HA!!!)
I miss you!!! I'm sorry we have been playing phone tag. I don't like tag. It's all fun and games until someone always gets hurt... or gets a grass stain. I'm tired of buying Shout.
Love, lady
oh yeah... it makes me smile that you said para ti and you were talking to me (and Kat)... but mainly me (right?????)
hahahahaha
I bought Angel Soft in your honor... feel the love and the two layer softness
Post a Comment