Monday, July 18, 2005

caballos

Hey guys!
I had a little adventure this weekend. I really wanted to go to Almeria because I heard it was cool, and have been wanting to go for a while. Nobody else really wanted to go because it is 5 hrs away, so I went by myself! Friday night I left Sevilla kind of late for Granada, so I got there at like 12 at night. I really didnt know where my hostel was, but I ran into some Americans that helped me out, and walked me to my hostel. There was a guy singing flaminco at the hostel, and I talked to a lot of people there. The next morning I went to Guadix, which is a little town about an hour away from Granada. I didn´t really know where I was going to sleep Saturday night, but I decided to stay in Guadix and not head on to Almeria. I walked around Guadix and was kind of tired, so when I reached a hotel, I decided to get a room. It was kind of expensive for me €40, but it was nice. I told the guy at the front desk that I wanted to ride a horse; he made all these calls and told me someone would be there at 530 to take me to the place to ride. I went with a nice girl and her boyfriend to a small town outside of Guadix to the horse place. The guy had lived 8 yrs in England, so his English was really good. We road the horses in a place that reminded me of Arizona for about 2 hrs, it was really fun. When we went back to Guadix, I hung out with the two Spaniards I had met. They paid for my tapas, and we hung out until like 230 in the morning. The next day I headed to Almeria. When I got there, I took some pictures of catedrials, and went to the tourist info center. A little advice...if you want a map of the city for free, go to a tourist info place. Anyway, I chated with the tourist lady for a while. I was kind of proud of myself because I asked her if she spoke English, and she said a little, so I asked her something in English, but my Spanish was better than her English, so we switched to Spanish! This happened with several different people this weekend! So I went to this massive fortress in Almeria that was really cool. It has three parts..two Morish and one Christian. It is suppose to be free to EU citizens, but not anyone else, but the guy let me in for free! I was literally the only one touring this massive fortress/castel. It was so cool! I just took my time, and it felt like I owned the place. Ocasionally I would see one or two security guards, but it was pretty much just me! After the Alcazaba, I went to the beach, because Almeria is on the Mediteranian. The sand wasn´t very fine, but the water was blue and nice with lots of waves. After I had played in the ocean and layed out a little, it was time for my train back to Seville. I got back at about 12 at night, and headed home. It was kind of cool, because when I reached Sevilla, I felt a little like I was home. Anyhoo, I am about done with my project at work and am still in the big office! The guy hasnt come back from Africa yet. I dont know if I will ever meet him. I am looking forward to seeing those of you who will be here next week! John, congrats on the almost hole in one!

1 comment:

Kat said...

oh my! Sounds like you had an adventure this weekend. I agree with dad though... take a bodyguard with you next time. It just thundered really loud outside. It has been raining and storming for the last few days here. I like it though. I took ricky, michael, and rachael to the pool that josh works at last thursday. It was so fun to watch them play. Josh wasnt working that day but we really didnt stay long anyway. It thundered and they all had to get out of the water. Ricky asked if we could go bowling and i asked them all if they wanted to go michael said..."bowling yeah..bowling is my middle name" And it really is. Bowlin(i'm mot really sure how it is spelled) anyway it was like the highlight of my week. Those kids are so cool. I drove back to my house in the rain in aunt sharon's car cuz i think she felt better with me in the big rig and i did too. It was pouring outside and i realized that i forgot to get my house key off of my keychain. So i went out in the monsoon and took off the screen from the kitchen window. Luckly it was unlocked so i asked ricky if he wanted to climb in. He did so i helped him into the kitchen window and he unlocked the doors for us. It was fun! Then we all sat in the living room on the floor (cuz the couch was gone) and watched indiana jones. It was great! Robin is getting soooo excited about going to Europe. Its fun to see her so excited. She asks me like 20 questions a day about what to bring and stuff like that about the trip. I like it though so keep it up rob. She is going to bring her video camera to europe. We made the first video in her new house this weekend. It is mostly me pretending to fish. haha ... well i love you and i will see you sooo soooon! xoxoxoxo