Monday, September 12, 2005
more blogging!
So, I got Kat and Steph addicted to blogging, and they said I needed to continue to write about life after Spain...ok, I guess ya'll win. I began my senior year of college three weeks ago. Crazy. This is a time when your decisions for the future matter. I have to apply to things, take tests, and decide what I will be doing when I graduate. AHHHH! I'm pres of habitat this year. By participating in habitat events, I have gradually come to realize that I really enjoy helping give people a leg up. Driving through a habitat neighborhood is really inspirational. People really make these houses their own. They plant flowers, have porch swings, hammocks, and even flamingos! Before this opportunity of home ownership, they lived in dangerous and sub-standard housing. All habitat does is give people a hand that want one. We need to rise above the mentality that poor people are that way because they are lazy, and do not want to take the opportunities given to them. That may be true for some, but if more opportunities like habitat were out there, people would take advantage of them, and the world would be a better place!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
COMMENT!
Just kidding!
Hello my friend... guess who I'm talking to right now? YOU! well, you and Chelsea hehehehehe :O). Time to blog again sister.
I love you more than chocolate pudding... do you grasp the depth of that statement?
Blog s'more
Blog s'more
Post a Comment